A Great Bacon Wrapped Venison Back-Strap Recipe
PETA supporters would vomit and be absolutely disgusted with the thought of eating anything with a face. But to the avid hunter/huntress, reaping the bounties of their harvest is a mouth watering endeavor. There are so many option of how to prepare such a delicious animal. And in the great words of Benjamin Buford ‘Bubba’ Blue, from Forrest Gump, “You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it. There's uh, “[venison]-kabobs, [venison] creole, [venison] gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple [venison], lemon [venison], coconut [venison], pepper [venison], [venison] soup, [venison] stew, [venison] salad, [venison] and potatoes, [venison] burger, [venison] sandwich. That- that's about it." The options are limitless, but Cro-Mag Outdoors is going to give you an extremely easy and delicious Bacon Wrapped Venison Back-strap Recipe.
1 - Full Back Strap
2 - Packs of Bacon
Preheat Oven to 350°F
Cover Cookie Sheet with Foil
Coat Foil with Non-Stick Spray
- Rinse Back-straps off with cool water and pat dry.
- Cut the Back-straps about 1 inch thick.
- Salt and pepper each piece of venison.
- Wrap each piece of venison with 1 slice of bacon until the outside is covered.
- Secure the ends with a toothpick to hold the bacon in place.
- Place on the cookie tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked.
- Let sit for 5 mins and enjoy!
This is one of the many ways to cook venison. It is simple yet delicious and really captures the flavor of the meat. Give it a try and let us know what you think. You can also post other recipes in the comment section to share with your fellow hunters/huntresses. To learn some great tactics to harvest a deer, head on over to our Field Journal page and check out How to Bag a Trophy Buck During the Pre-Rut!